Cooking for a picky eater can be a bit of a challenge, but there are still plenty of delicious and easy-to-make dishes that you can try. Here’s a simple and versatile recipe for a Chicken Alfredo Pasta dish that many people enjoy. You can adjust the ingredients to accommodate your date’s preferences:
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Cook the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it’s al dente (usually about 8-10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Season and Cook the Chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side until they are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C). Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the cooked chicken into thin strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Make the Alfredo Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil and minced garlic. Sauté for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic
- Reduce the heat to low and add the butter to the skillet. Once the butter is melted, pour in the heavy cream and stir continuously until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Gradually add the grated Parmesan cheese while stirring. Continue to cook and stir until the sauce thickens and the cheese is fully incorporated. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the Pasta, Chicken, and Sauce:
- Add the cooked pasta and sliced chicken to the Alfredo sauce in the skillet. Toss everything together until the pasta and chicken are well coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve the Chicken Alfredo Pasta hot with some additional Parmesan cheese on top.
This dish is creamy and flavorful, and most people enjoy it. Plus, it’s easy to customize by adding or omitting ingredients based on your date’s preferences. You can also serve it with a side salad or some garlic bread for a complete meal. Enjoy your date night!